More information about text formats
We have read this vital article, and after reading we would like to agree with the findings of the authors but we would like to suggest a complementary study for future directions. The VEGF gene encodes angiogenic protein and it is located at chromosome 6p21.1. Numerous SNPs in the promoter, 5'-, and 3'- untranslated regions (UTR) VEGF have been reported. Some of the more frequent SNPs involved in major solid tumour are well reported inclusive of rs2025039 (1), rs1570360 (2), rs699947 and rs2010963 (3), rs1570360 and rs8333061 (4). There is a serious need to study the role of these SNPs in congenital diaphragmatic hernia and pulmonary hypertension.
1. Krippl P, Langsenlehner U, Renner W, et al.A common 936 C/T gene polymorphism of vascular endothelial growth factor is associated with decreased breast cancer risk. International Journal of Cancer2003;106:468–71. doi:10.1002/ijc.11238
2. Howell WM, Rose-Zerilli MJ. Cytokine Gene Polymorphisms, Cancer Susceptibility, and Prognosis. The Journal of Nutrition2007;137. doi:10.1093/jn/137.1.194s
3. Jin Q. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Polymorphisms in Relation to Breast Cancer Development and Prognosis. Clinical Cancer Research2005;11:3647–53. doi:10.1158/1078-0432.ccr-04-1803
4. Gupta D, Gupta V, Singh V, et al.Vascular endothelial growth factor gene polymorphisms and association with age related macular degeneration in Indian patients. Meta Gene2016;9:249–53. doi:10....
4. Gupta D, Gupta V, Singh V, et al.Vascular endothelial growth factor gene polymorphisms and association with age related macular degeneration in Indian patients. Meta Gene2016;9:249–53. doi:10.1016/j.mgene.2016.07.011