A review of the British Thoracic Society scientific meeting 1–3 December 2010
- BTS Science and Research Committee, The British Thoracic Society, 17 Doughty Street, London WC1N 2PL; UK
- Correspondence to Professor Andrew J Fisher, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK;
- Received 20 December 2010
- Accepted 21 December 2010
- Published Online First 17 January 2011
This review presents the inaugural report of the British Thoracic Society Winter Scientific Meeting held from 1st–3rd December 2010. Although a wide spectrum of respiratory research was presented at the meeting the content of the review focuses specifically on three key themes of inflammation and lung injury, airways disease and respiratory infection. Advances in both clinical and translational respiratory research presented within the major symposia and spoken sessions related to these themes are summarised.
CC and HKB contributed equally to this work.
Competing interests None.
Provenance and peer review Commissioned; internally peer reviewed.