Article Text

PDF

Inhalation trauma due to overheating in a microwave oven.
  1. A L Zanen,
  2. A P Rietveld
  1. St Franciscus Gasthuis, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

    Abstract

    The microwave oven is a kitchen appliance that has become increasingly popular in recent years. In some instances the temperature in the microwave oven can become exceedingly high. A case is discussed of a patient with respiratory distress after inhalation of gas from an overheated microwave oven.

    Statistics from Altmetric.com

    Request permissions

    If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.